An exceptional opportunity has arisen in the Home Counties for an experienced Transport Planner to operate as Transport Strategy Lead Officer on a long-term contract basis, overseeing the development and implementation of transport strategies to facilitate the development of a number of major infrastructure projects.
As the successful candidate, you will join an experienced team in the Home Counties, assisting in the delivery of transport strategies to maximise the efficiency of a transport network, by providing transport planning intelligence to decision makers within the service to shape delivery according to agreed strategic aims. You will actively engage with strategic partners and customers and conduct research to develop and influence key policies, strategies and plans, the aim of which is to facilitate huge infrastructure development projects.
The role will largely entail leading on responses to the Heathrow Surface Access Strategy, ensuring the Freight Strategy is adopted and to develop the transport analytical tools required moving forward. Furthermore, you will represent the Council and provide evidence and two forthcoming local plan examinations.
- Manage and lead the research, development and design of appropriate transport strategies and plans on a countywide and area basis.
- Oversee research and consultations to inform recommendations and decision making on transport and planning matters. Identify best practice and interpret trends and issues which impact the region and its customers.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of reports and management information to internal / external decision-making bodies
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to internal / external decision-making bodies
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working across the business unit, recommending solutions and exploring initiatives to design and deliver improvements.
- Foster the creation and maintenance of good working relationships and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Play an active role in the development and co-ordination of partnership working between the service and internal/external partners.
- Lead the preparation and submission of bids for short and long-term funding and income generation opportunities.
- Support the development and implementation of the business plan and associated technical documents, strategies, and policies.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please select 'Apply Now' to submit an application.