Lead Nurse - Infection Prevention and Control
London OR Home based - this role involves UK TRAVEL
£37,500 to £55,800 per annum (medical and nursing)
IPC Lead Nurse (Infection Prevention and Control) required for one of the largest providers of safe abortion, contraception and family planning services. This international company protects the rights of individuals by preventing unwanted births.
The main purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and education in the delivery of infection prevention and control agenda across UK services.
The IPC Lead Nurse will be LONDON based ideally but our client will consider home based candidates willing to travel to London regularly for meetings. This role involves travel throughout the UK.
Key responsibilities include: -
- Advising centres and their teams on appropriate and effective risk management strategies.
- Lead and participate in the compliance monitoring and audit processes to ensure systems and processes are in place to comply with relevant legislation, quality and governance requirements.
- Attend and lead meetings providing feedback and reports.
- Attend professional meetings and conferences as guided by the Chief Nurse.
The successful candidate will have: -
- Relevant Nursing qualification
- Degree level qualification in infection Control (desirable)
- Higher level degree MSc / PhD or equivalent in infection control or related subject (desirable)
- Experience at senior nursing level with responsibility for successful delivery of the IPC agenda
- Experience of senior clinical professional leadership
- Experience in the private sector
Our client is offering a generous salary up to £55,800 depending on location, qualifications and experience. This is a full time position but our client will consider excellent candidates looking for a part-time opportunity.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to
KEYWORDS: Lead Nurse, Senior Nurse, Senior Clinical Nurse, Infection Prevention and Control, Medical and Nursing, London
- Infection Control
- Senior Nurse
- Lead Nurse
- Infection Prevention
- IPC Lead Nurse