Lead Network Security Engineer
Sopra Steria is a European leader in digital transformation, which provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. We are trusted by leading organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK’s Public and Private sectors. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
This post is for a security focussed Network Engineer (CCNA) who has skills in tooling and experience of Software Defined Networking (SDN). The Network Engineer will be the lead for maintaining our Cisco Tetration capability, with the aim of improving enterprise security monitoring, simplifying operational reliability and monitoring migrations to SDN. You will be responsible for performing security duties, including reporting, troubleshooting, configuration, development and tuning of Tetration to get the best out of this new capability.
- Monitoring and investigation of security issues in the core of the SDN Network
- Raising issues. liaising with third parties to improve the security posture on the network
- Full first to third line service management and support for the Tetration solution
- Management of all patching for the Tetration appliance, VMs and deployed agents
- Tetration Reporting and Analytics, in the form of network connectivity and security visualisation / analytics
- Lead up to 60 Security investigation requests per year
- Manage Tetration Reporting and Analytics, in the form of network connectivity and security visualisation / analytics
- Manage Tetration integration for applications on the client business network:
a) Newly introduced - typically by a project
b) Amended - typically through patching or update activity, and
c) Existing - any applications that have not been integrated as part of initial project work
- Focal point for resolving all Tetration issues encountered with other users of the tool.
You need to have:
- A network engineering qualification and experience (eg. CCNA)
- Familiarity with configuring and troubleshooting server operating systems (MS Windows, enterprise Linux distributions)
- Experience in Software Defined Networking and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Experience of working with virtual machines and virtual environments
- Good understanding of CVEs and operating system package and patching technologies
- Confident in writing basic to intermediate python programs
- Awareness of ITIL and Agile methodologies
- Working experience of Remedy or similar
- Able to analyse data and generate reports in MS Excel
- Experience in leading a small team of engineers
- Familiarity with working within a datacentre
It would be great if you had:
- MCSE, RHCE
- Experience in Network Security (CISSP/CISM an advantage)
- Experience in using tooling for network and/or security monitoring (Tetration experience an advantage)
- ITL Foundation
- Scrum Master
- Powershell, VBA and/or Bash scripting
- Confident presentation skills
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full time permanent
Security Clearance Level DV
Internal Recruiter Jane
Salary to £52000.00
£5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'