Job reference number 65401
Lead .NET Developer
Royal Mail Farringdon
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Royal Mail Group (RMG) are building a Microsoft Development centre of excellence as part of their ongoing transformation. This role is a key enabler in allowing RMG to build an internal capability to build .Net/SQL Server based applications that are capable of operating at enterprise scale with significant transaction volumes, users and Data
- Responsible for the designs of Microsoft based solutions in a complex IT estate
- Responsible for helping build, lead and retain an in-house multi-disciplined team based on Microsoft technologies
- Managing the Microsoft development team ensuring appropriate training, support and personal development
- Able to set up Agile development teams and ensure appropriate monitoring and reporting is available on progress
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to implement solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Able to create and interpret technical architectures using standard tools and techniques for modelling
- Identify the technologies to employ and take responsibility for the delivery of software solutions
- Assurance of supplier solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and procurements
Director of Head of Microsoft Centre of Excellence
- Able to bring the experience and ideas that will help the Royal Mail deliver large scale modernisation programmes
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and have the technical credibility to influence the wider technical community
- A confident communicator – verbally and in code
- A capable generalist with a holistic approach to engineering challenges
- Committed to the values of software craftsmanship
- Identification of improvement opportunities
- Ability to adapt and innovate
- Experience of working in agile projects using Scrum and Kanban
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 22/02/2018
Developer, .NET, Engineer, Database, SQL, Technology, Engineering