We are seeking two Lead Multi-Skilled Engineers to join a newly established client site based in Dartford, Kent which is due to go-live in June/July 2018. As a Lead Automation Engineer, you will act as an on-site specialist and a key escalation point for the Engineers and Technicians. Alongside the electrical, mechanical and facilities management support, you will also provide support for high-level controls and PLC control changes. You will be an individual who adopts a right-first-time mentality and a proactive approach in order to identify ways to improve the site’s performance.
As you will be based on our customer sites, you must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
The Lead Multi-Skilled Engineer will work a 12-hour shift 7-7 (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am) on a pitman shift pattern (2 consecutive shifts on, 2 off, 3 consecutive shifts on, 2 off, 2 consecutive shifts on, 3 off).
As a Lead Multi-Skilled Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- The leadership of a team of Multi-Skilled Engineers and Technicians
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on site including, flat conveyors, spiral conveyors and shuttles
- PLC fault-finding (Siemens S7) and basic controls fix.
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Lead/co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment.
To be successful, you will require the following experience:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer with a track-record of working within an automated warehouse environment. You will hold a hybrid electrical and mechanical background, with knowledge of fault-finding on PLC and high-level controls (e.g. Siemens S7, Allen-Bradley, etc.). In addition, you will have experience of managing or coordinating small teams on a client/customer site.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7, Profibus, Canbus, Profinet and ASI Bus
- Automated warehouse experience
- Experience of managing small teams on a customer site
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Previous experience of working with TGW equipment - cranes, conveyors, etc.
- FMCG or Food/Drink Manufacturing sector experience.
Following your application your CV will be reviewed by our recruitment team and you'll have an informal telephone call. If successful, you will be invited in for a face-to-face interview which will be held on the client site at Dartford with the Key Account Manager - the interview will also include a written technical test. There will be two interview stages in total.
TGW offers a comprehensive benefits package which can include the following:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 22 days holiday plus the option to buy an additional 5 days of flexible holiday
- On-site gym and wellness programme or 50% off gym memberships for our mobile/site-based employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount affinity scheme via youatwork
- Dress down Fridays
- Employee referral scheme
- Free parking
- Expat programme across TGW Group
- Free healthcare check-up
- Electrical Controls
- Mechanical Engineering