The company aim to deliver world class mobile apps, to creative enterprises large and small, across the UK and globally. Be a part of their journey as they aim to become the mobile partner of choice for clients worldwide.
By joining the company, you will be a part of a dynamic, fast paced, agile, development team working on a vast array of exciting "mobile" and "cloud" projects. While you may be focused on activities as a Lead Mobile Developer, in keeping with the company’s Lean Enterprise operating model, you will be expected from time to time to do crossover development with your Cloud Developer and DevOps Engineer counterparts. As a lead developer, you will not only be expected to manage your own time and work effectively and cohesively with your teammates you may also be expected to manage and lead development teams from 3rd party partners, pushing their automation and best practices into the provider’s operations, in order to successfully and rapidly deliver high class, high quality, mobile app solutions.
From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients or even be allocated directly with the company’s clients when required. The company is looking for people who love developing mobile as well as cloud-based software. You will be excited about exploring new technologies, programming languages, paradigms, as the company pushes to improve their own operations, whilst continuing to provide best in class offerings to a growing range of clients.
- At least 3 years’ experience with mobile app development, ideally natively in iOS and Android.
- A real passion and knowledge for the latest developments of mobile platforms, architectures, trends and technologies.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Understanding of user experience and design principles and guidelines. Direct experience with Apple’s design guidelines preferred.
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning and continuous integration practices.
- Experience with JSON/XML and integrating with other systems through web services (REST APIs)
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code
- Solid experience with multiple IDE’s including solid debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of MVC development patterns
- Database experience on mobile devices
Knowledge/experience in software engineering standard methodologies (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability).
- Cloud Computing
- Web Development