Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Microelectronics
JOB OVERVIEW: Lead Manufacturing Engineer / Lead Production Engineer (Automotive microelectronics) sought by exciting market leading R&D microelectronics systems PLC company who provide pioneering electromechanical solutions to the automotive and aviation sectors.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary : Negotiable but as a guide £45K-£55K basic plus share options plus pension, health, dental, life, free parking etc.
Location - Oxford / Bicester area.
Start date - July / August (flexible)
Working conditions: Normal office and light workshop environment with occasional travel as required to customers’ sites and test facilities.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
As a result of expansion my client has an exciting new vacancy for a Lead Electro-Mechanical & Test Engineer within their R&D function which specialises in SMALL quantity manufacture / production of proof of concept microelectronics systems prototypes. This is a Department Manager role leading two team members with a view to growing the team further.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, duties will include:
- Leading a small team of electro-mechanical technicians and all aspects of small quantity production and proof of concept prototypes
- Supporting mechanical design of microelectronics prototypes
- Supporting Sales regarding the mechanical aspects of a customer enquiry
- Supporting customer prototype evaluation activities
- Co-operation in the specification, design, build and operation of static and dynamic mechanical test rigs, for customer and internal applications.
- Customer / Licensee support transferring Company intellectual property and know how.
- Customer / Licensee support - enabling the Company technology to be transferred from research and development into high volume production manufacture. This will include mechanical and electronic processing, test equipment, materials and tools
- Work will be carried out in accordance with ISO 9001:20015 requirements.
The ideal applicant will:
- have experience of leading a small team of electro-mechanical technicians / engineers within an automotive or aviation environment
- have good knowledge of general manufacturing techniques.
- have expertise in production test methods for mechanical assemblies
- have expertise in production mechanical assembly techniques and equipment.
- have knowledge in materials, adhesives, and bonding techniques.
- be responsible for materials procurement, handling, testing and management of stock.
- be responsible for manufacturing resource management
- possess good communication, IT and reporting skills.
- be able to work accurately under pressure with minimal supervision and maximum enthusiasm to ensure customer satisfaction with the company’s products..
- be a team player and be happy to get involved with the hardware.
- You'll be at a significant advantage if you have a background in microelectronics and test engineering / as a test engineer.
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
• A highly competitive financial rewards package including SHARE OPTIONS
- The chance to join a highly established proven market leader who continually invest in their solutions to stay ahead of the competition
• A comprehensive learning and development program and genuine career prospects
• An excellent hard working but fun close "family" oriented collaborative working environment
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent rare and diverse permanent career opportunity!
Keywords: Lead, Production, Engineer, Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supervisor, Lead, Leader, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, FEA, Finite Element Analysis, simulation, structural analysis, stress, CNC, aerospace, electronics, defence, metal, Autodesk Inventor, ANSYS, CAD, AutoCAD, Solidworks, draughtsman,
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'