Laboratory Lead Engineer - Tewkesbury
We have a challenging opportunity for a Laboratory Lead Engineer for the Engineering Laboratory of a Multi-National aerospace company based in Tewkesbury for an immediate start. The Laboratory Lead Engineer will be responsible for working with other engineering departments to enable the testing of new and existing hydraulically operated products - both at system and component level.
- Participate in defining engineering approaches, planning and scheduling work.
- Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Ensure successful completion of assigned project phase within budgeted time and cost constraints
- Direct and support preparation of appropriate documentation, including drawings and reporting of procedures and test results.
- Provide technical leadership to engineers and technicians, planning and supervising their work to accomplish specific engineering projects.
- Help to solve difficult technical problems and issues with new and stock components and sub-systems.
- Suggest and organise suitable and relevant tests to be conducted to validate pre-emptive or corrective actions, such as vibration, pressure impulse, thermal, endurance, hydro-mechanics, testing and data acquisition.
- Liaise with specialist departments for effective operation and production of new/revised products.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to enable strong collaboration and coordination between the laboratory, engineering, site service teams and management.
- Previous experience in the aero-engine / aerospace OEM or Supplier is preferred.
- Strong, hands-on, testing knowledge and skills (e.g. vibration, pressure impulse, thermal, endurance, hydro-mechanics, test control and data acquisition).
- Good leadership, management and project planning skills
- £40,000 to £50,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Large company benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call .
- Test and Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job