Lead Kitchen Sales Designer
Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
This is considered a specialist role in our depots. Our Lead Kitchen Sales Designers manage their own design and sales portfolio while leading and developing the depots team of Kitchen Sales Designers. They will use their extensive skills and experience to monitor the depots lead bank and allocate workloads according to capability and capacity.
• Coach and develop Kitchen Sales Designers to ensure high quality designs and excellent customer service.
• Monitor the depots Lead Bank to identify and develop sales opportunities.
• Organise individual and team workloads, to ensure a timely design presentation and to follow up proposals with customers.
• Develop long term collaborative business relationships with customers from the building trade and their clients.
• You will be required to use your own vehicle during business hours, and travel expenses will be reimbursed accordingly.
• Provide feedback to your Depot Manager regarding the Kitchen Sales Designers performance.
• Strive to exceed sales targets for high value/complex design briefs.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Extensive experience of kitchen sales
• You must have strong creativity skills
• Experience of leading or coaching a sales team within the trade industry
• Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Problem solving skills
• Planning and organising skills
• You must hold a driving licence
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job