Our client is a leading Software provider who employs over 4,000 staff across 60+ Countries. With a Turnover of over £800m+ and share prices doubling in the past year the company is now looking to expand its Software Development Team with the addition of an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer who will work alongside experienced developers in Cambridge and globally.
As a Senior Java Developer you will work part of a team who will develop an exciting new generation of high-scale distributed in-memory data storage platform. Working alongside developers in Cambridge you will be part of a global development team by liaising with Java developers in USA, Europe and Asia weekly.
The hiring manager is looking for an individual who is currently at Lead level or a Senior looking to make a jump into a Lead Development role. You will lead the quality of testing within a matrix management style and have no line management responsibilities.
The Java Software Engineer will be a key contributor to the design, improvement and delivery of features and products that are used in millions of deployed applications. The Java Software Engineer will participate in making memory data management products that provide predictable snap-in performance and scale for enterprise applications and leading the team in Testing the quality of the product.
- Place a critical eye on our product development and champion improvements in usability, performance and quality where you are required to have strong design and implementation skills.
- Participate in the design and development of complex core product features. Work development tasks as assigned through team discussion.
- Design and develop advanced test suites & necessary automation with Java for high-performance distributed systems - write complex code to exercise the system and automate various crash and network failure scenarios.
- Work with engineers in cross-functional teams, create and improve distributed system test frameworks, test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary. Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover recurrences.
- Contribute to improvement of Usability, Performance & Scalability of our products using appropriate quality process & analysis. Our "users" are other developers - develop code utilizing our product to mercilessly critique our APIs, configuration, overall design and engage in discussions for improvement.
- IT Skills:
- Experience developing with Java, Java ecosystem related tools
- Strong understanding of data structures and collection types common in Java
- Experience with concurrency/multithreading
- Ability to work and communicate well with a geographically distributed team
- Strongly preferred:
- 4+ years’ professional work experience
- Strong level of confidence and assertiveness (and professionalism) - drive engineering greatness
- Strong expertise with concurrency and/or transactions
- Strong core Java knowledge, including Java memory model
- Experience with the challenges of distributed computing systems
- Familiarity with communication protocols, networking
- Experience with communicating/documenting software design with team members
- Experience using process profilers, analyzing thread dumps
- Automation of processes
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global company who are well known in their sector. The company offer career progression and offer flexible working ½ days a week if this works for you.
If this sounds like you 'Apply Today’ as successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.
- Software Development
- Concurrent Programming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"