The firm are looking for a strong technologist to work in their software engineering team in Budapest, developing distributed ledger technology that will be used by major global exchanges for post-trade settlement and services.
The company was set up to take advantage of the innovations within distributed ledger technology and specifically to apply those to the financial world. It is now one of the fastest growing fin-tech start-ups in the world and has developed a global presence with offices in America, Europe and Asia. They have received substantial funding from a conglomeration of the biggest names in banking and finance, with the aim of establishing themselves as the leading player in this emerging space.
The role would primarily focus on post trade financial services as part of a global engineering team helping to build out the critical infrastructure of their systems. You will have the opportunity to work alongside smart and motivated colleagues working on the development of distributed ledger technology which will be used by some of the most important firms in the industry. This is a chance to define an emerging sector.
There are currently several openings for developers to work using Scala, Java and Haskell, as well as Typescript for the front-end.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a strong coder who can bring a high level of experience to the team
- Has 5+ years experience with developing technology for the enterprise software market
- Has a strong interest in functional programming and the ability to code in at least 3 functional or non-functional languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, C#)
- Has a strong understanding of distributed systems development
- Has a knowledge of functional and non-functional testing frameworks (TDD, BDD, SBE)
- Is a strong communicator who enjoys collaboration
- Has a Bachelors degree minimum
This company offers the chance to join at a time of rapid innovation and to help to define a new industry sector. They have the feel of a tech-start up with a focus on continued learning and development, within an open and collaborative environment. They are very well-funded and can offer exceptional compensation packages to candidates, including equity.
- Enterprise Software