Our client is a global leader in the financial services sector who are looking to expand their Northampton based tech team. This is a great opportunity for a Lead Java Developer to join an expanding team. Ideally, you’ll be someone with the right attitude and who is capable of working in a complex environment, as well as being passionate about delivering top quality, clean code.
You will be:
- Working alongside stakeholders, designers and testers to take requirements and transform them into working, deployable applications.
- Leading less experienced developers within the team, ensuring they produce quality applications.
- Versatile and flexible in your remit.
- Promoting & driving innovation by actively advocating new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous improvement throughout the software development lifecycle by maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date knowledge of applications and techniques.
- Responsible for making technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domains
- Managing business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within overall business solution. Challenge any requirements that are incomplete or do not provide sufficient clarity to support effective software development.
- Managing requirements to understand how both functional and non-functional aspects (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) need to be met.
- Managing requirements to understand how they will be tested following production of code.
- Analysis and understanding of customer needs and priorities to provide quality services.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in creative problem solving and successfully executing tasks.
- Strong experience in explaining, advocating and expressing facts and ideas in a variety of settings orally, in presentations and in writing.
- Confident business stakeholder management, comfortable tailoring discussions to a wide audience of differing backgrounds
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback at all levels
- Expert in agile software development and continuous delivery
- Demonstrable experience of taking very high level user stories through to live completion
- Understanding of non-functional as well as functional requirements in an agile & DevOps setting
- Deep understanding of Software Craftmanship (e.g. Clean Code, Pair Programming, TDD/BDD, Refactoring)
- Competency in at least one common scripting language
- Understanding of BDD / ATDD principles, techniques and application
- Strong experience of working with SQL, developing DDL, DML and query optimization
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming/Design and associated concepts.
- Deep understanding of the importance of code quality and the tools that can help the development communities monitor and maintain quality (e.g. SonarQube)
- Ability to work in a cross-platform environment (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- JEE/Java and Java based frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, etc)
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Demonstrable experience of delivering applications on cloud infrastructure (Openshift- v2/v3, AWS)
- Practical experience of Containerisation
- Experience of writing apps to support multiple browsers
- Using data insight & analytics to drive backlog prioritisation
- Experience of Oracle and MongoDB
- Experience working with a Java ORM.
- Examples of giving back to the community through organizing meetups, giving talks at conferences etc.
- MicroServices/Domain Driven Architectures
- Experience of working within a regulatory driven change environment.
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000, depending on experience.
- User Stories
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job