Lead Instructor - Essex Outdoors - Mersea Island
This role is a 8 month fixed term contract offered on a annualised hours contract and will be based at Essex Outdoors - Outdoor Education Centre on Mersea Island.
To be responsible for the delivery and development of quality outdoor education programmes and NGB programs in liaison with the Operations Manager / Senior Instructors. To take the lead in health and safety coordination across the activity areas and maintenance of equipment and resources.
To supervise and implement the delivery of planned activities and residential programs to customers, in line with their aims and objectives and adhering to health and safety guidelines .
To liaise with the NGB authorities to ensure compliance and respond appropriately to recommendations from inspections and professional guidance. To support the recruitment of staff and deliver training to the Instructional team as part of their ongoing development.
- To be able and willing to:Other information relevant to the post
- To lead and assist in the development of the outdoor programmes.
- To lead and assist in the observations of practice process to ensure the standard and quality of delivery is maintained, recording and collating as appropriate.
- To lead and assist the management of the effective implementation of the daily outdoor programmes.
- To lead and assist with the supervision and pastoral care of young people (and adults where necessary) in residence in the centre.
- To comply with the Health and Safety requirements of Essex County Council as implemented by the Management team.
- Develop all work within the framework of equal opportunities as required by the County Council.
- To carry out repairs and practical maintenance tasks as required by the Management team.
- To be involved in any other aspect of the Centre's activities as may reasonably be required by the Management team.
Other information relevant to the post
- To be able and willing to:
- Undertake further professional development.
- Undertake evening, weekend and residential work.
- Accompany young people on visits and outings which may include outdoor activities.
- Travel throughout an operational area is an integral part of the role therefore, a driving licence and use of a car or access to other alternative effective transport arrangements is an advantage.
- This role involves a significant amount of work outdoors and a lot of activities of a physical nature. The ability to undertake physical aspects of the job is important and the scope for reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act will be explored with candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* To relate well to young people and adults.
* To possess the ability to organise and plan ahead.
* To motivate and encourage young people and adults.
* To behave as a positive role model to other Instructors and clients.
* To communicate clearly and effectively.
* To support the development of specific outdoor programmes in response to assessed educational needs.
* To network to good effect.
* To establish and maintain a safe environment for the specific activity.
* To be fully committed to outdoor and residential education.
* To have experience of delivering quality activity programmes.
* Leading teams , Projects and program development.
* To hold one of the following or be working towards ML, SPA, RYA, BCU level 3 coach RLSS Trainer and to have shown an active interest in attaining these qualifications.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Sports Instructor
- BCU level 3 coach RLSS Trainer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'