The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving 'Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Key Skills: Optronics, Inspections, SAP, Infrared Detectors, ISO
The ideal candidate will be the technical lead for all Optronics inspection requirements and perform a range of inspection tasks including, goods in, 1st off, in process and final inspections, calibration, as well as input to monthly yield reviews, to support the manufacture and delivery of infrared detectors.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Generate inspection processes and define SAP inspection plans, for all inspection requirements, ensuring quality standards are maintained
- To support new product introduction and all development build inspection requirements.
- Influence cross-functional teams to improve quality of product through analysis of data, practical knowledge and experience.
- To train manufacturing assistants in inspection processes being transferred to Line Inspection and support this activity with regular Audits.
- Proactively contribute inputs to process improvement to ensure continuous improvement within the inspection function.
- To operate equipment, use jigs, tools and hand tools to inspect all aspects of infrared detectors.
- To complete tasks, either written or verbal, with minimal supervision.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Proven relevant technical proficiency either through qualification (HND/Degree) or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Full conversant with designs and detailed engineering drawings prepared to ISO Standards.
- Proficient with programming and operating contact and con-contact measuring equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to set and check inspection equipment.
- Capable of consistently producing repeatable, high accuracy output.
- Ability to read, understand and generate written instructions and to record work performed.
- Ability to quickly perform tasks and perform well with small, low volume items of high value.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent communication skills are essential due to training manufacturing staff and liaising directly with internal customers and Process Engineers on a daily basis.
- Used to working with a wide variety of inspection equipment.
- To support management in the efficient use of resources by being flexible in their approach to work and hours of work including overtime.
- Experience with IR detector or vacuum technology.
- Computer Literate - Basic Word, Excel, data input etc.
- Proficient in the use of PCDMIS software.
- Proficient in the use of SAP.
- ESA Standard Solder Inspection Certificated
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
- Engineering Drawings
- Managerial Skills