Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Amazon Web Services)
£39,000 - £59,000 per annum
Our client is looking for an AWS Engineer to join their rapidly growing Cloud Infrastructure team. This opportunity gives you scope to design, build, implement and configuration of AWS solutions to meet the business requirements. A high level of technical knowledge is required to maintain the relevant service and operational levels agreed.
Additionally, our client is looking someone who thrives off continuous improvement across coaching, mentoring, planning, supervising, supporting and training of team members within the IT Function.
- Solid understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB's, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC's, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formation
- Solid understanding of Amazon availability zones, regions and HA strategies
- In-depth understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically AWS.
- Previous experience as a VMware\Linux\Windows system administrator building & supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of supporting virtualization technologies (or equivalent)
- Strong scripting/automation skills
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud/virtualization services such as AZURE
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
Desirable Technical skills:
- Windows/VMware SME background.
- Working knowledge of physical to virtual migrations into AWS or Azure.
- Monitoring and Dashboard creation within the AWS Cloud Watch platform.
- Familiarity with the concept of infrastructure/software development paths such as AGILE and LEAN
- Familiarity with agile software development methods, and working as part of an Agile Team.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Thorough, with a good attention to detail.
- Deliver to agreed timescales.
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet own objectives and assist colleagues in meeting their objectives
Don't miss out on this opportunity and Apply Now!