Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a ‘great place to work’ and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice company, Brakes Group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers
Lead Generation Executive
Ashford- Enterprise House
Grade: Grade D2
Quality lead generation is a critical part of our Business Development Manager’s success and ultimately that of the Independent Division. The Lead Generation Executive will support our Business Development Managers by delivering qualified leads for quality prospect customers who are interested in trading with Brakes direct to the BDM population.
- Build an extensive knowledge and pipeline of prospective customers within the Identified Division to maximise our opportunities for growth
- Proactively use online research, supplied lists or leads from within the business to generate the pipeline and keep it current, with a high level of conversion and both short and longer term opportunities
- Research possible lead sources, build initial contact, interest in Brakes and appointments with the key decision maker
- Manage and nurture the pipeline of longer term prospects
- Navigate through foodservice businesses to create meaningful dialogues with the right people
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and any customer facing communications are professional
- Deliver weekly and monthly reporting on all required activities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Brakes and the foodservice market to enable your conversations to be relevant and insightful
- Proactively identify new business opportunities which can drive business growth
- Support Sales Blitzes or targeted activity where relevant by focusing on specific areas to work as part of the Divisional Sales Team
- Attend relevant team meetings in the Division or centrally
Measurement of success will be based on:
- Number of calls
- Number of quality leads
- Number of appointments
- Conversion driven by lead quality to deliver P, A and B band new business
- Quality and professionalism of communication
Essential competencies, skills and experience
- Outstanding phone-based selling skills (both cold calling and prospect development) with the ability to build rapport with ease
- Previous sales experience within foodservice or a real ‘foodie’ who can relate to customers’ needs
- An ability to pro-actively manage a broad pipeline of work
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Tenacious, resilient and confident person with strong negotiation skills
- Professional, credible and comfortable building strong, working relationships with key stakeholders around the business and within customer accounts
- Motivated by results, with a proven track record of meeting/beating targets you must thrive on a challenge and have a determination to succeed
- Excellent literacy and communication skills – phone and email
- Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Outstanding organisational capabilities to ensure work is well planned and structured
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.