Lead Game Programmer
As a Lead Game Programmer at one of the world’s most recognised Global brands you will report into the Head of Game Programming and be part of a dedicated and dynamic team working closely with talented animators, artists and designers on award-winning games.
You are currently working in a senior game programming position looking for the next step in your career with a strong working knowledge of programming in C/C++.
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game system that must be developed.
- Comply with all coding standards, ensuring the creation of high quality, performance-minded code.
- Write game specific code for levels; level / creature scripts and frontend / HUDs / in game menus and bosses.
- Work closely with other departments to create levels in accordance to game design documents.
- Correct identified gameplay bugs.
- Exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development.
- Regular review of code, scripting and level implementation to ensure it is of the required quality.
- Allocating tasks, schedules and bugs to Programmers.
- Assisting Head of Game Programming when required.
- Mentoring Programmers and Junior Programmers with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Carrying out employee review with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Delegating work to employees and monitoring output
- Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching.
- Work with production to identify and escalate risk.
- Approachable and friendly manner. Able to work well in a team.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- Demonstrable experience of programming in C/C++.
- Worked at senior level or higher on at least one shipped title on mobile or console.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitments to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Ability to debug difficult problems.
- Dev C++
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'