Lead Game Programmer - C#, C++, AAA Console Gaming - Salary £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits - Glasgow
Our client is an independent, BAFTA-award-winning developer, founded with a focus on video games. Since their inception they have also gone on to encompass film production and end-to-end post production. All three divisions work on the same projects from different angles, along with projects and clients unique to each. As our client continues to expand, their focus on cross-media storytelling and technology will only continue to grow.
The role: The successful Lead Game Programmer will need to display strong C++, C# skills and also present a strong portfolio showcasing your AAA Console Games releases
Our client is searching for a Lead Programmer to snatch this opportunity to join a stable, growing studio and to affect change and help us grow.
If you relish the pace of a busy studio; enjoy direct technical and creative input; tenaciously produce innovative and technologically advanced gameplay; are continually learning and experimenting; and are always pushing the boundaries to create something new, then this is the opportunity you owe to yourself to take.
- Be the champion for technical quality on the game.
- Mentor the code team, helping them develop as professionals and leading them towards excellence.
- Leading ongoing critical reviews of the game with the team and management, providing frequent detailed feedback on direction and ideas for improvement.
- Work closely with all disciplines, iteratively experimenting, balancing and improving processes.
- Previous experience as a Lead Programmer (or Senior Programmer with management experience) on 2-3 shipped titles.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Multiplayer game development experience.
- Experience developing across multiple platforms including console, PC, and mobile.
- In-depth knowledge of C# and C++.
- Knowledge of all areas of game programming.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures, and maths.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Exceptional understanding of a number of industry-standard game engines, particularly Unity, but also the rest.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of current game trends and emerging technology.
- Balancing deadlines and resources, prioritising tasks, meeting deadlines, and making tough decisions when necessary.
- A deep understanding of and appreciation for the entire development process, with knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
Managing internal and external dependencies in conjunction with the other game development disciplines, and adapting work accordingly
Nice to have skills:
- Managing a team
- Mentoring Junior- Senior Developers
If you have the passion for the Gaming Industry and can demonstrate your AAA Game experience with an outstanding portfolio, please click the APPLY button now so we can arrange a more detailed discussion.
Alternatively call me to have a confidential chat
- AAA Console Gaming