Our client a leading consultancy aim to deliver world class mobile apps to creative enterprises large and small across the UK and globally.
By joining, you will be a part of a dynamic, fast paced, agile development team working on a vast array of exciting mobile and cloud projects. While you may be focused on activities as Lead Cloud Developer, in keeping with our Lean Enterprise operating model, you will be expected from time to time to do crossover development with your Mobile Dev and DevOps Engineering counterparts.
As a lead developer, you will not only be expected to manage your own time and work effectively and cohesively with your team mates, you may also be expected to manage and lead dev teams from our 3rd party development partners, pushing our automation and best practices into our providers' operations in order to successfully and rapidly deliver high class, high quality mobile app solutions. From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients and even be collocated directly with our clients when required.
They look for people who love developing mobile and cloud-based software and are excited about exploring new technologies, programming languages and paradigms as the push to improve their own operations in continuing to provide best in class offerings to the growing range of clients.
- 3+ years of experience creating scalable, reliable and resilient full-stack web applications, front-end and back-end. (LAMP and MEAN stack)
- 3+ years of experience creating and/or integrating RESTful CRUD Services and API's
- Experience with JSON/XML and integrating with other systems through web services (REST APIs)
- Passion for developing high-quality and high-efficiency User Interfaces
- Experience with multiplatform development, including responsive design
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with webservers such as Apache, Nginx.
- Experience in Security architecture including OAuth, SAML and OpenID.
- Experience with threaded and asynchronous server-side applications
- Experience with Storage, Networking, Systems and Operations experience on a Public Cloud platform (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with real-time analytics
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Understanding of user experience and design principles and guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning and continuous integration practices.
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
- Solid experience with multiple IDE’s including solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Understanding of MVC development patterns
- Knowledge/experience in software engineering standard methodologies (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability).
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an award winning team and might well be the ideal step up to lead developer.
We can only accept applications from those authorised to live and work in the UK.