Location- Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary - £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
A forward thinking software company based in central Newcastle are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their department. The team are passionate about the work they do and are all advocates of working to industry best practices including pair programming, test driven development and working within an agile environment.
• To produce high quality software products to match customer requirements
• To work proactively to deliver software in agreed timescales
• To design and implement new product features
• To maintain and improve existing products
• To contribute to the capability of the team through effective knowledge transfer and coaching as required
• To advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development
Qualifications & Experience
• Appropriate qualifications and/or experiences in a Software Engineering discipline.
• Strong software engineering skills with knowledge of modern development principles and best practice.
• Experience of different and varied APIs.
• Experience of developing end user desktop applications.
• Used to troubleshooting challenging software issues, including in unfamiliar code.
• Track record in learning new idioms, patterns and technologies.
• Familiar with collaborative working methods: contributes actively in team discussions.
• Experience of developing using AngularJS and Node JS.
• Collaborated with developers to create an appropriate API between the client and server.
• Used to investigating and using different web frameworks.
• Familiarity with a testing framework e.g. Jasmine.
• Experience of agile development environments, including pair programming.
• Test driven development.
• User interface design.
• Displays high level of problem solving skills.
• Highlights weaknesses in current working practices, identify causes/propose solutions.
• Productive – manages workload through effective use of time and available resources.
• Takes care to get things right and produce high quality of work.
• Communicates knowledge and opinions effectively across the Technology Group.
• Has a positive attitude and adapts well to new situations.
• Develops own knowledge proactively by asking questions, self-study etc.
• Works well within a team and demonstrates willingness to help others.
• Accepts responsibility readily and is flexible to take on new/different tasks.
• Works collaboratively to achieve solutions and follows through to conclusion.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job