This is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Formulation Scientist to employ their technical expertise in a laboratory- and project management-based role with responsibilities for the management of new API formulations and finished pharmaceutical products. Based in the South East, the Lead Formulation Scientist role is ideal for an accomplished formulation chemist with knowledge of GMP processes from development scales through to large-scale production.
Your day to day duties as a Lead Formulation Scientist will be:
- Developing routes from lab to plant scale manufacture of pharmaceutical products
- Use of common analytical methods towards in-process and quality control procedures
- Management of a portfolio of customer-led projects
- Liaison with lab and production staff to ensure reproducibility and regulatory compliance
- Research into new revenue streams
- Development of scientists within your team
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A higher degree in a related scientific field
- A track record in formulation chemistry in the laboratory
- The ability to appreciate the commercial factors of a product-driven role
- Managerial experience
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.
- pharmaceutical; formulation chemistry; scale up; pilot plant; kilo lab; methodology; api
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'