Lead Experience Designer - Investments & Pensions
Business Unit: Investments & Pensions Brand & Marketing
Location: London or Newcastle
Salary: From £58,500 per annum depending on experience plus amazing benefits
Contract Type: 12 months fixed term contract
We’ve grown, and we’ve got big plans for the future. We’re on an exciting journey as we bring our brands together. It’s a fun and fast-paced place to be, and we want you to help take us to the next level.
Virgin Money are looking for a talented Lead Experience Designer to lead a design team in an exciting new area of financial services. You’ll be working on all digital touchpoints, covering both sales and service channels across web and mobile apps. You’ll be able to influence at the highest level, and will have responsibility for delivering best-in-class digital experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and directing multiple design disciplines spanning research, experience, and interaction design
- You will use your expertise in framing design challenges, defining Information Architecture while understanding and implementing Design Research methodologies
- Work with executive-level and third-party stakeholders, and be expected to positively influence the direction of projects for the benefit of both customers and the business
- Establish a vision that the team can be inspired by and work towards
- Uncover and articulate objectives, assumptions and hypothesis using critical thinking and diplomacy at programme brief level
- Translate business objectives into direction for the team
Provide the business with insight into future needs, skills and knowledge that the team needs to be successful
- Support and cultivate a design culture and creative-friendly environment with opportunities to develop
- You’ll be an expert at articulating user behaviours, pain points, anxieties and writing scenario
- Ensure all products and services are open and accessible to the broadest range of customers, and be a champion for accessibility
We’d love you to bring to the role:
- Natural empathy and a desire to understand the customers point of view
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design principles and techniques
- Be able to influence business direction with strategic design thinking
- An expert at designing digital services, with a proven track record of success
- Be a strong leader and work well in multi-discipline teams
- Be able to influence and challenge internal functions to ensure the best in class customer experiences that meet customer needs
- Exceptionally well-organised, and able to establish working practices for a team of people
- Expert working knowledge of Sketch and experience using design systems
- Be able to set strong design direction and sequence design activities accordingly
- Define user research activities that inform the user experience at a service / brand experience level
Desired skills / experience
- Knowledge of building out design systems.
- Knowledge of working with Abstract and Github
- Experience with Agile development process
What you waiting for? Apply now!
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
Inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'