At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
At AstraZeneca, we don't follow the crowd and that means we don’t expect our people to either. To develop life-changing medicines we approach problems in a different way – agile and nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries.
The Global Mobility team is responsible for the management of international moves globally, which includes project managing the successful movement of assignees and their families. They also act as the central point of contract throughout the whole assignment process, providing support and guidance to assignees and their families, home and host management and HR.
In the role of Lead Executive Compensation Partner, you will join a small team to design, implement and manage rewards for senior executives in AstraZeneca.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the preparation of material for Remuneration Committee meetings and manage the annual cycle of activity.
- Work with Finance and Science units to (i) support the development of appropriate performance measures for the various incentive schemes, and (ii) report the outcome of past measures
- Work closelywith the Company Secretary’s team to deliver corporate governance requirements, including supporting with shareholder consultations, engagement with shareholder / industry bodies, and preparing the annual Directors’ Remuneration Report
- Lead Merger and Acquisition activity to:
- Support the deal team and HR lead with due diligence for C & B for acquired organisations and continue to act as point of contact until acquisitions are fully integrated within AZ
- Support with the divestment of business units ensuring a clear understanding of the implications on compensation and benefits arrangements. Support the development of new arrangements where appropriate.
- Support ad hoc legal queries in cases of litigation etc
- Support legacy queries from ex AstraZeneca executives
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Provide cover for colleagues as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong intellect and the ability to investigate and understand complex technical matters quickly. Ideally, you will have experience of working in a matrix environment
- Strong background and experience in compensation in the UK corporate governance environment, including a good understanding of global executive compensation, trends in the market, and practical experience of all core areas of reward.
- Good financial and business acumen and an understanding of the importance of financial and non-financial measures that deliver corporate strategy
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a good understanding of the needs of the audience and subtleties of the situation
- Confident in interfacing directly with senior leaders
- Flexibility and resilience to work in a fast-paced environment with need to prioritise workload. There are often multiple competing priorities and you will need to manage these demands and their stakeholders in a mature way
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Opening date: 05th February 2018
Closing date:18th February 2018 (midnight)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job