Are you interested in joining a multi-billion pound organisation with a global presence who are true experts in their market?
Our client is a global leader within the sustainable technologies market with over 10,000 employees worldwide. We are currently looking for a passionate and driven Lead Engineering Manager to join their team in Hertfordshire.
The primary objective of this role is to develop, coach & advise a team of engineers and technicians who are responsible for the day to day performance of the tooling and equipment within a value stream. Responsible for the delivering and improving process capability, through application of PFMEA, Lean, TPM. Leads optimisation of capacity through Value Stream design, bottleneck elimination and initiates major project requests through project engineering team.
Key areas of responsibility;
- Accountable for risk assessments, safe systems or work and contractor management within the Value Stream
- Resource management of VS maintenance engineers, process technicians and process engineers, ensuring that production is supported with the required competences
- Training and development of the VS technical team members
- Accountable for development & maintenance of PFMEA for VS process
- Routine and breakdown maintenance cover, O.E.E measurement and improvement
- Value Stream Capex Plan for Tooling & Equipment
- To operate within highly complex manufacturing site, multiple shifts, lines, products and technologies
- Primary responsibility for Operations engineering budget
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- University education with an Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience, alternatively gained via relevant substantial vocational/on the job experience
- Have chartered status
- Significant experience in a range of technical areas and with people management/project leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills imperative to inspire and motivate teams when managing change, influence behaviour and driving strategic direction within operations value stream
This role would be suited to an experienced Engineering Manager with a proven track record within high volume manufacturing environments, an individual who is CI driven and leads by example.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary alongside an excellent benefits package, if this role is of interest please send an up to date CV or call Stuart Tomkinson.