Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with proven success of driving and leading multi-disciplined teams to achieve the desired results?
Are you interested in joining a multi-billion pound organisation with a global presence who are true experts in their market?
The primary objective of this role is to manage the process, manufacturing and maintenance engineers within the teams to ensure the day to day performance of the tooling and equipment. Responsible for the delivering and improving process capability, through application of PFMEA, Lean, TPM.
Key areas of responsibility;
- Accountable for risk assessments, safe systems or work and contractor management within the Value Stream
- Resource management of VS maintenance engineers, process technicians and process engineers, ensuring that production is supported with the required competences
- Training and development of the VS technical team members
- Accountable for development & maintenance of PFMEA for VS process
- Routine and breakdown maintenance cover, O.E.E measurement and improvement
- Value Stream Capex Plan for Tooling & Equipment
- To operate within highly complex manufacturing site, multiple shifts, lines, products and technologies
- Primary responsibility for Operations engineering budget
You will also be expected to lead and develop multi-disciplined engineering teams, including technicians to process engineers and possess the ability to manage at all levels and adapt management style to engage and motivate.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Experience within a high volume, fast paced environment i.e. Automotive, FMCG, Food, Pharmaceutical etc.
- A degree within Engineering or equivalent relevant experience, alternatively gained via relevant substantial vocational/on the job experience
- Experience managing teams of engineers/technicians etc. within multiple disciplines
- Ideally you will be a chartered engineer but this not essential
- Experience of working within an automated environment is ideal but not essential
- Significant experience in a range of technical areas and with people management/project leadership ability
- Strong focus of Continuous Improvement and experience in TPM and Lean Manufacturing
- Financial/Costing - basic profit and loss level understanding
- Excellent communication skills imperative to inspire and motivate teams when managing change, influence behaviour and driving strategic direction within operations value stream
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to join a global organisation where you can have real autonomy over your role with the support of the senior management team.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary alongside an excellent benefits and bonus package, if this role is of interest please send an up to date CV or call Stuart Tomkinson.
- Automotive Industry
- Engineering Discipline
- Automated Processes
- Man Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job