Location: West Midlands (Coventry or Redditch)
Employment Type: Contract
To work within the seating development team to design, develop and validate seating products for JIT manufacture, and to continually improve seats in current production, to improve performance and eliminate in-service product concerns. The need to work to agreed deadlines will be a key strength
To lead the part a project (a row of seats or product group), within a team to own and deliver the engineering of best in class premium automotive seating for the products we develop for our customers. The role will include the creation of technical specifications or targets, and the design of components and assemblies to meet the technical requirements. The achievement of engineering deliverables within the program timing constraints is essential.
To work systematically and analytically and to use structured problem solving methods to resolve technical issues.
To lead Product Engineers and CAD Engineers and associated team members to deliver to project timing and quality expectations.
To create and manage the DFMEA for your area of responsibility, managing technical risk to acceptable levels and validating the product to customer and regulatory requirements
To work effectively within a design team, contributing to the teams collective output, and to apply your knowledge and experience to the engineering of a product, with respect to requirements definition & design to meet function, safety, durability and appearance standards
- Work with the Engineering Manager to design and develop seating projects meeting customer expectations
- Work within the various engineering functions to deliver the design, DFMEA, analysis, validation, tolerance analysis, drawing creation and dimensioning and system integration of seating systems
- Define product technical requirements in terms of function, safety, durability and appearance
- Competitor technical benchmarking defining the mechanical characteristics of the part with SI units
- Ensure compliance to engineering deliverables at set project gateways
- Resolution of technical open issues and driving them to successful closure within the agreed timing
- Presentations to internal colleagues and customer senior management as required with respect to your area of design responsibility
- To participate in design reviews as required
- Ensure a safe working environment, follow, support and maintain working practices, comply with all relevant HSE legislation and local policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with TS16949 policies and procedures
- Good PC skills - Excel / Word and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good mechanical aptitude and special awareness
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Delegation / Follow-up skills
- Delivering to your commitments
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Communication skills
- Strong teamwork & enthusiasm
- Practical & hands-on approach
- Appreciation of CAD systems
- Strong conceptual design capability
- Able to think of innovative solutions to design challenges
- HNC / HND or equivalent
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a similar relevant subject
Do not miss out on your chance of interview - APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'