Sussex Recruitment has an opportunity for a Lead/Senior Engineer for our client based in Eastbourne. The role will support the Production Supervisor in the smooth daily running of the Welding, Assembly, Test, Packing/ Despatch and Repair areas. This is an excellent opportunity if you enjoy variety your work.
We are keen to hear from applicants with a strong mechanical engineering background, this may have been gained in a Production or Automotive environment. The successful candidate will have excellent problem solving skills, have a hands on approach and be able to lead a small team in the absence of the Supervisor.
Forklift licence, manual machining and welding experience is desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- Support the fitting shopin the Mounting and Alignment of motorised drive units. Work with Engineering to improve design, cost and assembly times. Support the machine fitting shop with precision machining of small parts when required.
- Deputise for the Workshop Supervisor. Oversee the daily production facility, ensuring clear direction of tasks and responsibilities.
- Identify and resolve production issues which will include reviewing build reports and checking parts to drawing.
- Strong Engineering background in precision machining
- Welding experience (useful but not essential)
- Forklift (desirable but not essential)
- Strong communication and decision-making skills, ability to supervise and multi task
- Ability to negotiate
- Results Driven, effective team player/leader
- IT Skills - Microsoft Office and JDE
In addition to 33 days holiday, there is an excellent benefits package.
Annual bonus, up to 6% company pension, health cash plan and 3 x life assurance.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities
- Communication Skills
- Mechanical Engineering
- Microsoft Office