Lead Engineer - Automotive Safety / Restraints
£45,000-£50,000 Dependent on Experience
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new or modified safety sub-systems and components and new technologies as well as supporting ongoing product and quality improvements.
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within an Engineering Project Team environment
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, engineering change control, product definition and change management processes
- Proven experience of engineering project management within a technical environment, ideally encompassing the management of suppliers or other external organisations.
- Previous experience within Automotive engineering department
- Previous experience in Body Engineering / Safety Components, Seating, Restraint Electronics or a Vehicle Safety environments
- Working knowledge of Bill-of-Design documentation
- Working knowledge of safety system development including airbag or seat belt dynamic performance, manufacturing processes and related standards and test procedures or vehicle safety attribute delivery or test.
- Knowledge of customer quality metrics (TGW, JD Power, etc)
- Experience in developing new technologies to the point of being implementation ready.
For immediate consideration for this role, please apply within & contact Lottie Powell on .
- Safety and Engineering Vertical