Lead Electronics Design EngineerPortsmouthCompetitive SalaryPermanentAbout our ClientOur client has been designing and manufacturing products that save lives for over 35 years. Their team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge. If you`ve got the ambition to make a difference, then read on!A Day in the Life Of:
- Define the priorities for the week ahead for you and your team.
- Run a brainstorming session with your team to find your way around a tricky design problem.
- Review product requirements with Product Managers to understand the business needs and identify technical risks.
- Develop the technical specification for the product that will meet the requirements.
- Work with the Technical Project Manager to identify the activities, timescales and risks that need to be planned for.
- Mentor and provide the benefit of your experience to less experienced engineers.
- Monitor the latest technologies & raise the awareness of them to give your designs the edge.
- Run circuit simulations to ensure the design is up to the job under all conditions
- Develop with your team, and help them to pick up new skills & expertise.
- Peer review hardware & firmware with colleagues in the UK, India and USA.
- Review work with your team to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- You`re a problem-solver who loves finding creative solutions.
- You`re used to dealing with people, negotiating & persuading to achieve your goals.
- You take a hands-on approach to hardware and firmware development.
- Anything you pick up, you can`t help but peer at the details and figure out how it works, and guess at the decisions taken by the designer.
- If you start something, you need to see it through to completion.
- You get it done even when this takes you in an unexpected direction.
- You`re experienced in bare-metal coding low-power embedded systems.
- You`re used to designing analogue circuitry using discrete electronics
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- EMC standards & troubleshooting
- Six Sigma
- Functional Safety
- ATEX rated products (especially Intrinsically Safe)
You`re Ideal Job - If you`re looking for:
- An interesting role where no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with smart people from many different disciplines
- A vibrant company culture where positive changes are being brought in every day
- A strong management structure where directors listen to their employees
- A positive atmosphere and a team who are committed to supporting one another …then this might be the job for you.
- Previous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job