Market leading Chemical and Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks a Lead Electrical Engineer. This position reports to the Electrical & Instrumentation Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Acts as the Company Technical Authority on electrical matters.
- Reports to E&I Manager
- Responsible for the organisation and operation of the electrical department and all electrical services covering inspection, maintenance and capital work.
- Overall responsibility for five personnel along with electrical contractors as required.
- Liaison at all levels inside the Company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE, insurance inspectors, electrical and telecommunication service providers.
- Safety, Health & Environmental - To maintain and promote a safe operating culture within the Electrical Department ensuring that in all its aspects of installation and maintenance it operates to the highest levels of safety and meets all legal and statutory requirements, company rules and procedures.
- Project work - responsible for the design, specification, and installation of all electrical equipment for new capital, maintenance and upgrading work and controlling expenditure within authorised budgets.
- Maintenance operations - responsible (in conjunction with the E&I manager) for the provision, operation and development of all maintenance and planned preventative maintenance systems and to advise on the development and training of in-house personnel.
- Should have a good understanding of ATEX, area classification and BS60079 all parts, as he/she will be a competent person in area classification, design, installation and commissioning. Must be able to specify electrical equipment for the appropriate areas.
- Authority as the trained 'competent person’ on site for 11KV Switchgear.
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting candidates for recruitment within the electrical department.
- Authority to stop contract work and to exclude from site.
- A minimum of a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- A further 5 years practical experience post HNC at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously, to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
The salary for this positions will be in the range of £35-40,000 per annum. The role works 08:45 - 16:30, Monday -Friday.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job