Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a market leader in the FMCG sector to expand their Engineering team and hire a Lead Electrical Engineer. The Engineer will manage all elements of Electrical Engineering Project work from planning and design through to installation and commissioning.
- Report to the Engineering manager and conduct the planning, design, installation and commissioning of electrical components
- Install and commission Electrical Process Control equipment and associated Software
- Provide technical back up for the maintenance function
- Provide Plant technical support
- Lead initiatives, problem solving and installation of new processes
- Design, review and modification of electrical drawings
- Liaise with Department Managers, maintenance and production personnel
- Liaise with external contractors and equipment manufacturers
- Provide fault-finding support and investigation to improve production processes
- Complete any necessary reports and feedback to Engineering Manager
- Develop organisational relationships
- 4 year Apprenticeship in Electrical/Instrumentation
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Broad electrical background, preferably with a background in web handling
- Ideally experience of working within the paper industry, including newspaper, paper mill or wallpaper sectors
- Familiar with Schneider and Siemens PLC's
- Experience of MODSOFT, CONCEPT, UNITY PRO, SIEMENS S5 and S7 software
- Appreciation/experience of Instrumentation, Process Control, including Modbus Plus, Ethernet Comms and HMI's
- Strong knowledge of PLCs
- Experience of AC/DC Drive Control Systems
- Experience of providing planned and preventative maintenance
- Hands on experience gained within a fast moving, established manufacturing plant, electrical and instrumentation control, including pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
This is a permanent position working day shifts, which is 8am - 4:30pm.
The role is offering a salary of between £40,000 and £42,000. Free on-site parking is on offer, as well as 25 days holiday + stat.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Michael O'Neill to find out more information about this position. Michael's contact number is and email address