Due to an internal move, this world-leading business is looking to employ a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join their Controls department in their new, state of the art offices.
Working on power generation control system projects you will provide the line management and allocation of company Drawing Office resource facilities. You will also provide CAD design services for the preparation of detailed designs in collaboration with appropriate design engineers and ensuring compliance with design standards.
- Produce CAD drawings for Controls systems i.e. L&N cubicles, Panels, AVRs etc and drive drawing office process standardization to ensure early adoption, streamlining of processes and identification of gaps
- Look for opportunities to reduce process lead time and create spare capacity to process new projects, monitor, control, and develop engineering release systems into Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Services
- Manage the workload of the team, develop the drawing office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc
- Planning, prioritisation, and resultant resource allocation to meet and exceed customer expectations and management & resolution of all NCR’s within 24 hrs
- Able to communicate technical information easily, to internal contacts and external customers
- Working to set targets, both in terms of efficiency and output and presenting this at the monthly management meetings, team and individual management of staff in accordance with policy and procedures
- Person Specification
- AutoCAD Electrical experience is essential (Inventor experience, coupled with electrical skills may suffice)
- 5 - 10 years of proven experience
- Minimum HND/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Technical self-sufficiency, with an understanding of other disciplines, and depth and range of management experience of projects and studies.
- Ability to demonstrate man-management
- Knowledge in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines / power generation and associated facilities
- Experience in production of engineering CAD designs
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £40,000 - £44,000
- 37 hours per week, early finish Friday’s
- 7% company pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas shutdown
- Great development opportunities
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Birmingham, Coventry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'