Lead DevOps Engineer
Specialist role - Web operations engineer
Summary of the work
Scripting languages Bash + Ruby/Python.
Coordinating and directing effective deployment of engineers into critical delivery projects.
Contract length:- 12 months
Location: - London
Day rate:- £700 - £800
SC Clearance is required.
Who the specialist will work with - Technical Architects, Network Architects, Developers and Head of Core Platform team
What the specialist will work on:
1. Improve and expand AWS platform
2. Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
3. Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
4. Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
5. Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK)
6. Participate in the oncall rota
7. Work on containerisation of the services(Docker, Kubernetes)
8. Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
9. Implement and improve security stack/tools
10. Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
12. Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
Skills and experience
Experience (5 years +) in our Tech stack: Linux, AWS, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK
Experience (5 yrs +) in Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
Databases (Mongo,Postgres or alternative)
Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
Nice-to-have skills and experience