Morgan Hunt is working with an East London based local council to recruit a Lead Developer on a 3-month interim basis.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Direct responsibility for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended software components and the mentoring and management of one or more developers and apprentice developers.
* Actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor's priorities and corporate objectives and meet the user needs of the Council's citizens and businesses.
* Lead the planning and allocation of resources within the Development team.
* Specify and design large or complex systems, covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints (such as performance, resources etc.), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
* Take responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
* Plan, design and conduct tests of programs; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error-free result.
* Identify risks, coordinate risk assessment, manage agreed actions (which may involve acceptance of risk, risk reduction or mitigation's to avoid / eliminate risks), and monitor the status of risks on an ongoing basis.
* Monitor the budget for team and projects and ensure it is effectively controlled within cash limits, driving down spend where appropriate.
* In-depth technical expertise in a variety of environments.
* Demonstrable understanding of current developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise.
* Expert in software tools which automate or assist part of the development process.
* Proficient in understanding and applying organised and documented sets of techniques, and proven methods, intended to facilitate the structured and open development of applications. Increasingly a DEVOPS approach is taken where development and operational staff work together.
* To understand and able to talk persuasively about any practices (such as refactoring, TDD and pair programming) and their benefits.
* Proficient in understanding software which enables the user to create, populate and manipulate data structures.
* Proficient in understanding the IT / IS infrastructure and the IT applications and service processes used within the organisation.
This role has been deemed inside of IR35.
If you fit the above description, please apply or send an updated CV. Alternatively, get in touch on .
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"