We’re looking for an ambitious Lead Developer to join Ideal Flatmate to work directly with the founders, development team and our advisory CTO to build the number one flatsharing website in the UK.
This role would suit a capable and driven developer who is looking to take the next step up in their career.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at a key moment in our growth. We are backed by industry experts and have seen our user-base 10x in the last 4 months.
About Ideal Flatmate
Ideal Flatmate is an online flat matchmaking service that brings together compatible flatmates using a simple 20-question survey and an algorithm. The site has grown fast since launching in 2016, and now attracts over 100,000 users per month. More information can be found at www.idealflatmate.co.uk.
Our stack currently comprises a PHP web application hosted on AWS, but we’re open minded about alternative technology choices going forward so long as they make good business sense.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Being the subject matter expert across the full technology stack, including development tooling and infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership to the remote development team.
- Making well-reasoned strategic technology decisions and communicating them with the founders and development team.
- Contributing to the product development and delivering a top notch customer experience.
Projects you could be working on:
- The development of a new native mobile app and accompanying service layer
- Migrating our infrastructure to an orchestration service like Elastic Beanstalk and Docker containers
- Rewriting our flatmate matching algorithm utilising machine learning techniques and services
You should apply if:
- You want to work as part of small team, solving really interesting technology and user experience challenges and seeing the results of your work quickly.
- You’ve got experience working within in a team of developers and are feeling ready to take the lead in a team of your own.
- You’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and working with PHP (expert level not essential)
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable working with remote developers.
- You are flexible; our requirements and opinions sometimes change more often than bigger, older companies.
- You’re ambitious. This role is the natural precursor to a CTO/VP Engineering role either here, or somewhere else!
To apply, please send a CV or LinkedIn profile and a brief cover note