Our client has been providing online short term cash loans since 2004 and during this time their product offering has evolved to meet customers’ needs. Their unsecured loans are designed to meet emergency cash flow needs and their aim is to provide a straightforward solution to these needs with a simple online application process, fair affordability assessments and same day loan funding for approved applications.
*A full clean driving license with access to a car would be preferred due to the location and needs of this role*
The Lead Developer Role:
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and forward thinking organisation, on the verge of considerable growth. You will be the sole Development Team Leader and as such take full ownership of the Development and UAT functions, including 3 direct reports. You will work as part of the wider operational team to ensure that your responsibilities are represented effectively through well designed, clear and consistent strategy and process. A highly organised, professional and hardworking individual is required for this busy and vitally important role.
The main duties will be:
- Liaise with the management team and the wider business to ensure that corrective action is taken to meet service level goals or to increase productivity
- Provide regular reporting on key metrics, such as website / application performance and completed tasks
- Manage and mentor 2 PHP developers and 1 UAT Coordinator, to ensure maximum productivity at all times.
- Liaise with the Service Desk and management with regards to issues with performance and productivity as necessary.
- Take full responsibility for the UAT function, ensuring that testing is completed thoroughly and within set guidelines
- Oversee and review the effectiveness of website and application performance, particularly around change management
- Take full responsibility for all website and application changes
- Ensure that suitable cover is in place at all times for out of hours’ issues, managed by a rota.
- Attend project and workshop meetings to ensure representation of development expertise
- Ensure that all development work is completed to a high standard, delivered on time, tested and documented fully
- Ensure that all development work is carried out securely and within set guidelines
- Implement and maintain a good practise framework for new development and changes to existing websites and systems.
Experienced and skilled in:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a technical or creative environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ full time experience in demonstrable PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- A minimum of 5 years’ full time experience in MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of integration and exchange methods (XML, SOAP, JSON etc.)
- Strong knowledge of developing secure applications (experience with PCI DSS / OWASP would be ideal).
- Basic UNIX command line knowledge
- Experience working with GIT repositories
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
What they offer:Competitive Salary, Annual Bonus (subject to eligibility), Pension Scheme, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, 23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years’ service), Perkbox Benefits.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Team Leader
- Lead Developer