Our market-leading client is looking to secure the services of a hands-on Lead Developer - ServiceNow to join their team based in Telford on a permanent basis.
The Lead Developer - ServiceNow role sits as a key member of the development team for leading a team of developers to deliver new features accurately and efficiently to ServiceNow and related systems.
Key responsibilities of a Lead Developer - ServiceNow will include:
- Maintain and enhance the ServiceNow system and surrounding services to provide business value.
- Build efficient services that produce and consume Apache Kafka events to uncouple codebases and reduce the impact of an outage
- Develop microservices that have one main responsibility allowing new features and improvements to be made extremely quickly
- Create new tools and processes to increase the performance of their sub-team before introducing them to the wider team if appropriate
- Attend the weekly technical direction meeting to discuss new and upcoming technologies that might enhance the team’s stature and output
- Lead a Kanban team technically by designing new systems thoroughly as well as creating improvements for legacy codebases
- Constant delivery of new features to a very high quality by consistently reviewing other developers code and communicating/providing feedback when required
- Ability to produce highly scalable software through the use of design patterns as well as queuing and caching
Skills & experience of a Lead Developer - ServiceNow:
- 3+ years’ experience with ServiceNow and either certification as an Implementation Specialist or certified as an Application Developer
- Third-party integration experience with ServiceNow
- Advantageous to have commercial PHP experience with the use of frameworks
- Advantageous to have an understanding of Event-Driven Architecture using a message broker such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be requested at the interview stage.
- Lead Developer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'