Lead Developer - Java 90k fully remote working
Lead Java Software Engineer, South Wales / Fully Remote £65000 - £90,000 Fantastic benefits
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with one of the UKs largest and fastest growing insurance companies that have won multiple awards. They have been established for over twenty years and have gone from strength to strength expanding in other areas such as finance, temporary cover & digital services. This company are currently undergoing a large transformation and as a result of this are looking to rapidly grow their tech team across the business. They are recruiting for this particular role on a fully remote basis and offer lots of industry leading benefits.
Your new role
As the Lead Software Engineer your main responsibilities are to build up the capabilities of the technical people in the Team, equipping them with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence, and ensuring that they are focused on delivering value to the business. You will also get the chance to work on a hands on basis, leading the way with your technical skillset but above all lead by example. You will be expected to lead regular one to ones with your technical squad members, participate in weekly portfolio checkpoint sessions and support teams in both leadership and technical advice. You will get the chance to recruit and grow your own team whilst also being able to manage an already established team of developers. You will work with other chapter leads / lead engineers leading a group of between 5-8 developers.
What you need to know
You need to be an established developer with previous hands on experience in Java. You will also need experience in leading, managing and motivating teams. You must also be comfortable with working on a partly hands on basis of between 20-30 % of the time. (this can be more if you wish it to be)
in basic form if you have senior level hands on java development experience & have lead a team we want to hear from you! - Below are more details:
- Extensive knowledge of customer experience (CX) interaction and integration as part of software development process (can be through scrum/ lean agile or standard SDLC)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Line management through both coaching and mentoring techniques
- Knowledge and experience in Scrum development practices, using associated tools for testing and continuous integration & deployment
- Recent hands on experience in working with Java development
- (spring boot) and / or Cloud technologies and/ or SQL . - would be an added bonus
- Knowledge of identification and management of specific engineering, design and testing standards and practices that comply with internal organisation IT governance and architectural standards while performing within a heavily regulated environment
- Knowledge and experience in the use of tools such as: Jira, Confluence etc.
You must also be currently living in the UK and have the right to work within the UK.
What do you get in return
This company offer one of the highest salaries and packages in South Wales for this sort of position.
Your benefits would include the below:
- Fully remote working
- Competitive salary of up to £90,000
- Flexible working hours
- Shares (after your first year of service)
- 6% pension contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- 28 days annual leave + 3 extra days
- Free gym memberships
- Dental membership and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. I am a Business Manager here at Hays Technology leading a team of permanent Tech recruiters in Wales that cover specialist areas within Technology. I help tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. In today's market, there are no boundaries for tech talent or limits on the pace of change for companies. We have built the leading human network for the digital age and we're ambitious to meet your aspirations and work together to match tech experts to organisations. The established relationships that we hold give you unparalleled access to unique insights, which we provide to you at speed using our expertise, investments, and innovation. We are Hays Technology.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'