** Lead Dev Engineer / Architect, Games industry, C++ and Unreal Engine 4 / 5, £70k to £110k plus 15% bonus plus 25% stock year on year (approx $140,000+ US dollars over 4 years) **
I am currently working on an amazing opportunity for someone who would love to work for a games company and work on games like Star Wars and Dawn of Titans.
I am recruiting for a top games company that take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
In 2018 & 2019, their Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer, at senior or principal level, to oversee the engineering efforts completed by our co-dev partners. This role will suit someone who excels at cooperatively architecting and reviewing work for multiple engineering teams. Someone who embraces the opportunity to proactively organise teams to solve complex engineering challenges and who will contribute ideas and solutions of their own.
What is on offer?
- Great basic salary, 15% bonus and 25% of your stock awarded (varies but think $140,000 US dollars to be conservative) in stock each year for 4 years running, you can just cash it immediately if you like - no catch!
- Remote working (fully if you prefer, but there is a state of the art London office to work in if you like)
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
Required Experience & Skills
- You have developed and released multiple games in Unreal and C++
- You have worked extensively with co-dev engineering teams and/or remote teams
- Having taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped
- Experience architecting systems through the lifecycle of large game development
- You are comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- You have worked with other disciplines to architect and implement features and systems
- You are familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, reviewing code, and knowledge sharing
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will overview the architecture of the code developed by our co-dev partners
- You will directly assist our Technical Director to ensure the technical visions for our projects are followed
- You will work with the other engineering leads to determine tasks and systems to be outsourced to co-dev engineers
- You will also be taking on engineering tasks of your own as required by the project
- You will review code from our co-dev teams, looking for well-designed, adaptable, and testable code, suitable for long-term use
- You will mentor other members of our engineering team, growing the cooperative working relationship we have with our co-dev partners
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, as well as our co-dev partners, you will find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project’s particular needs
- You will help to improve the code team’s knowledge and experience through sharing your experience
For more information on this excellent opportunity please feel free to get in touch with Mike Walton at Avanti Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'