Posted Date: Oct 12 2020
Lead Data Scientist
ViiV Healthcare has an important purpose which is to leave no person living with HIV behind. We are delivering on this by developing and providing access to innovative HIV medicines which address medical unmet needs and make HIV a smaller part of people’s lives. If you are a data scientist who is inspired by the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people living with HIV then read on …
With a stretching plan for company growth and as part of an ambitious Data and Analytics (D&A) transformation, ViiV has decided to make a significant investment in building advanced analytics capabilities.Key Responsibilities
The Lead Data Scientist is accountable for driving the development of predictive analytics models to solve challenging and complex business problems through technical consulting and value delivery leadership.
- Lead technical aspects of data science and analytics, including building, evaluating and deploying predictive analytics models and deep dives.
- Champion a broad range of data products to ensure business impact (e.g. multi-channel marketing optimization, next best action, recommender systems and deep-dive visualizations)
- Collaborate with team-members in code reviews and critical feedback sessions to continuously improve product delivery
- Distil complex analytical findings into simple, understandable and effective messages. Use excellent written, verbal communication and digital media skills for coordinating across teams and engaging and influencing stakeholders within the insights and analytics and tech community
- Work across disciplines to recommend the best solution for the problem at hand, including data science and non-data science solutions (e.g. rules-based systems)
- Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage; participate in internal & external technology communities
- Partner with and influence stakeholders across the ViiV insights & analytics space and in the broader Tech organization in the development of the ViiV data architecture and data governance framework
First and foremost, you will be enthusiastic and energised about data and be driven to share that knowledge and excitement with others. In addition:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM subject and experience in a related field i.e. programming, statistics, data science OR equivalent experience (Data science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Engineering, Computer Science, or similar)
- Hands on experience with advanced analytics, deep insight and machine learning in a commercial environment.
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable code.
- A broad knowledge of tech; comfortable recommending non-data science solutions where appropriate, and onboarding temporary developer resources where needed
- Proven experience of effective stakeholder management and strong influencing skills. Including data visualisation and communication.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and leading team-mates in statistics and machine learning
- Core technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of data science fundamentals (OLS, RandomForest, Logistic regression, statistics).
- Knowledge of common analytics tools (Python, Sklearn, Pandas, SQL)
- Data visualization libraries (Seaborn, matplotlib)
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and discretion while handling sensitive information
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD - in a STEM subject and experience in related field i.e. programming, statistics, data science OR equivalent experience (Data science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Engineering, Computer Science, ML, AI, Bioinformatics or similar)
- Demonstrated experience delivering data products via Azure (e.g. databricks, data lake, etc)
- Experience in dashboard tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, RShiny)
- Knowledge of the data landscape in healthcare (EHR, claims data, real world data, HEOR data) and/or Experience in healthcare/pharmaceutical)
- Experience in sales and digital marketing analytics
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
This Advert will remain open until the position is filled.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'