Job Title:Data Engineer
Function: Data Platforms & Analytics
Location: Gloucester, London or Bristol
Salary: £38,350 - £56,800 (up to £67,970 in London)
Closing Date: 9 April 2021
Here at TSB we are clear about what matters: delivering for our customers, keeping things simple and building operational excellence. Bringing our exciting new technology to life will help us do all of this, providing the type of products and services we know our customers need.
We are always looking for better, and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about customers.
We are looking for Lead Data Engineers across our Data Platforms (Data Lake, ODS and Data Warehouse) to join our recently formed Data, Analytics & Platforms function. The new function has been created by consolidating teams across TSB as well as building teams to support new cloud platforms and activities transferring from our existing IT provider. By building strong and engaging relationships with our strategic partners we will drive efficiency, control and differentiation in our data and platforms operations. This data function creates the foundation for TSB to build out the next phase of its strategy, by providing improved data to support customer decisions and offerings - through real time data and analytics.
- Design, build and test data solutions across TSB's Data Platforms (i.e. Data Lake, ODS and Data Warehouse) whilst following best practice to leverage platform processing power, creating reusable code and aligning to development standards
- Analysis and investigation of environment and source data to support incident and change management activities
- Drive continuous improvement to the data platforms through enhancement of new and existing data solutions, ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of incidents and defects
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the TSB business teams whilst working across the full software delivery life cycle (i.e. analysis, design, build, test and implementation)
Skills / Experience:
We know it takes more than just skills and experience. So, we want our Lead Data Engineers to:
- This role requires strong business and data analysis skills to support data solution and design activity.
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and to translate these into a logical solutiondesign.
- Experience querying source data using SQL to identify source data items and to document transformation logic required to apply business rules
- Strong background in database design and development, following best practice to leverage database processing power, create reusable code and align to data model build standards. Proven experience in data integration development that adheres to principles set out for scalability, logging, scheduling, alerts, re-runabilityand dependency management.
- Experience of delivering solutions that align with Data Governance principles for Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data Security.
- Familiarity of working within a formal System Development Life Cycle, particularly agile or iterative / incremental software development (i.e. Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven experience of delivering enterprise data solutions in a Financial Services environment.
- Technical skills for relevant Data Platform:
- Platform purpose - A real-time data store used to reduce processing on the mainframe and support customer facing applications through the provision of data APIs
- Data Storage - Kafka, Syclla DB
- Data Integration - IBM CDC, Springboot
- Data Consumers - API, GraphQL
- Data Lake
- Platform purpose - A real-time/batch data store used to consume large volumes of data from the soruce application across TSB. Data is formatted and prepared for consumption by various downstream consumers (including the Data Warehouse)
- Data Storage - S3, RDS (MySQL)
- Data Integration - EMR (Spark), Glue, Python
- Data Consumers - Power BI, AWB (Analytics Work Bench)
- Data Warehouse
- Platform purpose - An analytical environment to prepare structured data models and data sets for business user consumption to support reporting and analytics sourcing data from the Data Lake.
- Data Storage - Teradata, Dimensional Modelling
- Data Integration - DataStage, BTEQ, SQL
- Data Consumers - Power BI, MicroStrategy
If you would like to get stuck in and be part of the TSB team, then click Apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TSB Bank plc. Registered Office: Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number SC95237. Telephone: . Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 191240. This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. TSB Bank plc is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'