Lead Credit Risk Modelling Analyst
Based in Leeds, the Technical Lead is primarily responsible for leading statistical modelling and data analysis to facilitate the development of the Retail credit risk models whilst providing support and coaching to junior analysts within the team. This ensures the portfolio risk and automated decisioning abilities are aligned to risk appetite and Regulatory requirements resulting in the effective management of risks
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Credit Risk Modelling Analyst:
- Management of complex model development projects and analysis; providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of credit risk models.
- Undertake analysis to ensure the models currently in operation remain robust and fit for purpose
- Provide first class model documentation and recommendation papers to governance committees
- Present output to key stakeholders both within and external to Risk
- Develop and maintain model performance monitoring and annual reviews
- Supporting management of a team of credit risk analysts, prioritising tasks and developing technical capabilities
- Gain support for model changes from key stakeholders both within and external to Credit
- Deputise for the Senior Modelling Manager / Modelling Manager
- Participate in and facilitate networks internally and across the wider business
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Lead Credit Risk Modelling Analyst:
- Significant experience of model development projects across a range of Retail or Non-Retail credit portfolios with an understanding of model usage
- Experience in credit risk management, ideally in an IRB environment
- Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office
- A numerate degree or equivalent technical experience
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
- Ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy, ensuring you always get the basics right
- Sound decision making and critical thinking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"