Lead Contracts Manager
£500 P/D Ltd
I am currently recruiting for Scottish Power Renewables.Currently their offshore wind business is focused on the delivery of projects in the UK market as they operate their West of Duddon Sands project and continue to develop new offshore windfarms off the coast of East Anglia. They are active in the German and French markets and continue to review the development of offshore wind in a number of other countries across the world.
A significant role within the Offshore business, this role will negotiate and manage contracts within the O&M Offshore business and especially focus on the Service and Maintenance Agreements (SMA). This role will include working closely with Contractors and teams from Iberdrola's Construction, Operations, Legal, Insurance, Financial and Group Purchasing teams to ensure contracts are managed effectively.
This role will be responsible for identifying, assessing and creating procedures, to support site functions. In addition, the individual will manage contractual & commercial risks and seek out opportunities to optimise and drive the performance of the SMA contract.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the review, optimisation and negotiation of contracts and especially Service and Maintenance Agreement (SMA) in full and Turbine Supply Agreement (TSA) in parts;
- Lead the drafting and negotiation of technical annexes (particular focus on yield / availability) with technical teams by providing a commercial view;
- Ensure Project approval of all project documents (procedures, standards, specifications & calculations) before issue to other organisations;
- Ensure alignment between TSA & SMA to reduce contractual interface risk;
- In coordination with O&M Package Manager, define contracting strategy including specifying key milestones;
- Define, implement and resource the appropriate organisation structure for managing the delivery of the substantial contractual agreements.
- Manage the team responsible for the delivery of the substantial contractual service agreements for large scale offshore windfarm projects, to be operated across a number of countries throughout Europe and USA.
- Support the gathering of risk and opportunities in the TSA & SMA through Supplier meetings, as well as helping to manage issue escalations where necessary;
- Identification and timely notification to internal & external stakeholders of the contractual or commercial risks and impacts of any variations to the contract and subsequently the agreement of such variations with the client;
- Manage and coordinate advice on key commercial risks under existing service provider contracts;
- Support the project manager by managing claims and variations with SMA contractors;
- Provide key and strategic commercial advice, assessment and recommendations to the business providing key knowledge, lessons learned and support to the substantial contracts throughout the whole life cycle (development to decommissioning) to support the business plan delivery
- Prepare recommendations on the management of key commercial risks, while taking into account the impact on interfaces across contracts and impact on programme;
- Monitor and anticipate claims made by contractors under the contracts and be responsible for developing mitigation strategies in line with the contract terms;
- Analyse the key risks in new contracts and assistance in providing recommendations for changes required to provide the interests of the project;
- Ensure SPR best practices and processes are implemented and applied in contract management ensuring involvement and interfacing with key company functions such as Purchasing, Insurance, Financial, Legal, etc.
Education, Experience and Skill Required
- Proven experience of negotiating and/or managing SMA contracts;
- A solid understanding of the complex commercial requirements related to supply of products/materials and services to offshore wind projects;
- High degree of competency in future planning. Proven experience in delivery and contracting management and programming.
- Experience in offshore windfarms
- Experience in leading tendering processes, contract negotiations and detailed commercial delivery contracts.
- Detailed contractual knowledge, including the day-to-day operational provisions, and particularly the claims, variations and disputes mechanisms;
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements on quality, costs and time;
- Strong team worker;
- Proactive people manager, leader and motivator.
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors and Senior Management.
- Good all round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practises;
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and change management skills;
- Strong negotiating and persuasion skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels and across functions of the business;
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for matters, while responding to competing business demands;
- Ability to work, manage teams and manage decision making process under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Makes recommendations on the staff requirements to ensure delivery of substantial contracts over a 4 - 5 year period.
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'