Electrocomponents Digital vision is to create a £1BN+ digital business at the heart of the group. The digital purpose is to digitally transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers. We are committed to making the entire buying cycle easy and rewarding, including upfront research, finding and buying products and after-sales care, so that we unlock their full potential. This digital purpose is a key enabler to deliver the value propositions of both the Electronics and Industrial division
Digital Content is key in delivering the vision. Its purpose is to deliver amazing Content, drive business unit performance and deliver positive customer perception (as measured by NPS/EPS). Through the definition and delivery of a brilliant Content capability it will drive excellence internally and externally for customer and commercial benefit.
You will be responsible for the team that ensures the Digital Content function is maximising its use of commercial and customer data needed to drive an effective Digital Content function.
You will be a centre-of-excellence for data analysis using a variety of internal and external sources e.g. Content Management System, Adobe analytics, Business Intelligence, Voice of the Customer, Industry reporting.
You will ensure the Content System users in the Digital Content function have the support of sound analysis to guide them to prioritise activities efficiently and effectively, and be able to demonstrate the value (both in relative and absolute terms) of different content activities e.g adding images vs adding datasheets.
- Management of the end-to-end operation of the Content systems in the Electrocomponents environment
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring New Product Introduction process
- Delivery of improvements/solutions to Content architecture
- Accountable for the development and implementation of world-class quality standards for Digital Content
- Responsible for the delivery of metrics which drive commercial and customer value into Digital Content activities
- Responsible for reporting which assess Content's customer and commercial impact
- Responsible for the development of a suite of Quality reports to monitor and report productivity, quality and business rules across Digital Content activities, whether internally or with 3rd parties
- Responsible for constant education Data Team and wider teams (including senior stakeholders) about content principles and best practice
- Development and implementation of world-class quality standards for Digital Content
- Leading the issue resolution process for content-related system queries
- Leading technical part of content projects implementation / analysis
- Maintaining integrity between Content Systems and other non-Content systems
- The go-to person for Content queries
- The go-to person for questions relating to the efficiency and effectiveness of existing Digital Content processes, whether internal to Electrocomponents or with a 3rd party
- Provide end-user system and process awareness
- Cooperating with 3rd parties in terms of solving content issues
Background and experience
- Significant proven experience in content systems management and analysis within a fast-paced global business
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of how content systems operate in a global architecture
- Experience of working with Microsoft Access, Excel
- Proven process improvement skills
- Demonstrable experience in working with teams operating globally
- Ability to project manage pieces of work working with diverse teams
- Demonstrates experience a customer-focused environment
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to apply analytical and logical thinking towards data issue challenges and appropriate solutions
- Quality and process oriented, and able to set and clearly communicate processes and procedures
- Demonstrable experience of working with diverse technical and non-technical teams to deliver user-benefit
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex content relationships and consequences of quality issues and explain them to non-experts in a clear manner
- Can clearly demonstrate an enquiring mind
- Excellent communication & influencing skills with evidence of successful process improvement initiatives
- Understanding of Structured Content
- Experience of working with SQL
- Experience of working with programming in VBA
- Experience of using Talend
- Experience of working within the Electronics and/or Maintenance distribution industries as appropriate
What we can offer
The package (salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme, private health care and much more) that RS offer to its employees will make the job very rewarding and the training and development we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long term career.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job