Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires a Lead Composite Process Engineer.
Salary: Competitive / 5day week (Mon-Thurs: 07:30-16.30 Friday 12.30)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage introduction of composite processes into production and ensure production readiness
- Work closely with design and product development for design for manufacture (DFM)
- Develop and productionise composite manufacturing processes, procedures and tooling
- Establish and document standardised process and procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Lead a team to deliver products to EHS & QDC requirements
- Work with suppliers to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Support production through identifying, reporting and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards.
- Assist in the planning of equipment and the human resource to optimise efficiency and throughput.
- Ensure products are built to specification and manifest a quality orientated culture in the team.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience with layup, bonding and assembly of prepreg composite structures in a production environment.
- Experience of Carbon fibre Pre Preg lay up
- Deep understanding of process parameter and material characteristic interrelationships.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings with consideration to G D & T
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
- Leads by example and excellent communicator to all business levels.
- Experience in layup of large composite components (>5m length).
- Experience with epoxy bonding prepreg composite materials.
- Experience with finishing (coating or painting) prepreg composite materials.