Our client is looking for an experienced Lead communication officer to join the team on a temporary basis.
- To help deliver the councils communications strategy to increase awareness and of council activities or hit behavioural change targets or improve the corporate reputation of the council by working on a number of corporately agree campaigns each year.
- Develop costed and proactive promotional plans in support of key council communications objectives.
- Develop materials, both print and electronic in support of such plans
- Act as contact with services to responds to media enquiries and take responsibility for ensuring that such enquiries are resolved in a responsive and positive way that reflects well on the council.
- Provide support and advice to senior members and officer on communications matters, covering a wide range of publications and materials, including print, electronic and social media.
- Produce high quality copy for council publications, both internal and external, acting as subject owner for all aspects of a specific campaign.
- Degree level or appropriate professional qualification (NCTJ, CIPR, CIM) essential
- A minimum of two years appropriate experience in press/public relations
- A proven track record of success in dealing with day to day media handling and news management in relation to difficult or sensitive issues
- Experience of working on structured and measurable campaigns.
- Understanding and evidence of working with market segmentation methods - ACORN/Mosaic - in order to target campaigns at the most appropriate audience.
- Able to cope with pressure
- Proven self-starter
- Creative thinker - essential
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Able to maintain focus in a busy work environment.
This posiston is looking for an ASAP start.
Please apply online for consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job