Lead Commercial Officer
Location: Bristol - commutable from Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Taunton, Newport
Salary: Up to £37,000pa (dependant on experience)
Ambridge Harris is delighted to be supporting their Bristol Based client to recruit a Lead Commercial Officer on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the Lead Commercial Officer role is to provide commercial support to future business and to ensure commercial and business interests of the Company are optimised. The position will includes management reporting as well as ensuring that contractual obligations and associated risks are understood and adequately dealt with as part of the commercial life cycle.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To provide support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, contractual terms and conditions and other commercial issues and risks.
- To participate in and assure new business opportunities through the completion of commercial tendering and approval processes.
- To assist and assure the Project Management function with respect to contract management including project control, variations, risk management, milestones and financial progress.
- To provide general management and contractual information, and assist with resource forecasts and costings, which are properly constructed and achieved. To ensure an accurate audit trail of commercial decisions is maintained and commercial administration is kept up to date.
- To lead and support commercial discussions and negotiations with internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will need;
- To be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy, or similar
- To be well organised, self-driven and proactive
- Proven experience in a commercial environment, ideally, defence contracting
- Proven experience of providing commercial support to operational contracts / projects
- Good communication and negotiation skills gained in a customer facing environment
- To be detail orientated with good technical commercial skills
- Good organisation skills with methodical approach
- Proficient IT skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.