The Lead Buyer is required to effectively and efficiently manage operational requirements relating to manufacturer support services, including Cisco and Juniper, in order that Daisy Group maintain its accreditations and discount structures with each vendor.
Location: Birstall or Nelson
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Own the Daisy relationship with distributors providing access to support services
- Ensure support is applied to appropriate products and liaising with Vendors over any exceptions
- Update portals re internal equipment by terminating or adding items as necessary
- Update portals with details of which entity manages which equipment
- Check serial numbers to ensure they are valid parts to be used in the EU
- Proactively manage the Daisy core network equipment schedule ensuring compliance with manufacturer support.
- Act as an escalation point back into the business for support service providers
- Manage any sell back of redundant stock via manufacturer processes
- Understand, manage and utilise Cisco’s Smart Account process
- Manage all SmartNet renewals to ensure products are covered for their contracted life
- Support end users through the account set up process if required
Additionally this position will:
- Place all CPE orders, one PO per order to ensure compliance with SoftCo
- Ensure POs are raised for Project router requirements
- Ensure duplicate invoices are not accepted
- Ensure cover is renewed throughout the life of CPE equipment in the field
Knowledge of Cisco & Juniper processes is desirable, must be organised and an excellent communicator used to liaising with colleagues, suppliers and Customers at all levels.
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Vendor Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job