The Business Analysis team plays a central role in all major projects within Plusnet, covering a diverse portfolio of initiatives such as launching new products and improving our customers online journeys through to enterprise wide transformation of core platforms, all with a shared focus on ensuring we deliver a brilliant customer experience at a great price.
The Lead Business Analyst is a strategic thinker, someone who understands the bigger picture of a project and where it fits into Plusnet’s overall goals. They will also be aware of, or try to determine how the project they are assigned to impacts other projects or business areas, and ensure this is communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
The Lead Business Analyst is expected to have experience working on multiple project types and sizes across the full lifecycle of a project from concept to delivery. He/she will also have been involved in multiple business areas on projects, allowing them to see overlapping functions and interdepartmental dependencies, recommending solutions to benefit the whole company and not just specific Business areas.
The Lead Business Analyst would be expected to take lead on projects which may require multiple BA’s to successfully deliver the Business Requirements, typically more complex, high profile projects. He/she may develop and manage a team of Business Analysts to deliver the business requirements on a project, providing mentoring and guidance to other BA’s on the project. They may also provide line management and coaching to other BA’s within the team if required.
The Lead Business Analyst will be an advocate for the Business Analysis discipline within Plusnet. They will support and input into the vision of the Business Analysis Manager. They are someone who steps up to resolve conflict during projects with a focus on providing the best solution for our customers and the wider business.
As a Lead Business Analyst you will...
- Take on the day-to-day leading role for large and complex projects/ programmes which may involve matrix managing a team of Business Analysts.
- Provide effective line management and coaching to other Business Analysts within the team if and when required.
- Support the Business Analysis Manager with estimating resourcing demands where needed.
- Take on a leading role for the analysis and identification of inter-dependencies between road mapped projects.
- Lead the day to day delivery of initiatives such as the Skills Academy, where needed, to align to the team’s "grow our own" talent strategy.
- Be an active and influential member of the Business Analysis leadership team, highlighting and suggesting areas for improvement.
- Consult on E2E project delivery plans to identify potential issues and risks.
- Define project plans and agree timescales for Business Analysis activities that they are assigned to.
- Lead the resolution of any conflicts on the projects or programmes they are working on.
- Be responsible for providing reporting back to the BAM, Project Management and Technical Delivery Hub for the projects/ programmes they are working on.
- Be responsible for the end to end definition of business requirements covering people, process, and technology and customer experience.
- Be accountable for the definition and measurement of Customer Experience metrics for trial and launch.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to elicit requirements through various methods (including, but not limited to facilitation of workshops, interviewing and gap analysis).
- Model processes using standard industry methods such as BPMN.
- Define and agree customer experience/ user stories to reflect both functional and non-functional requirements which can be traced through the development process and to the product being tested and launched.
- Be the key interface that communicates project and business requirements to both internal and external suppliers.
- Review proposed technical solutions to ensure that all requirements have been met and any risks are identified.
- Oversee performance testing; including reviewing of test cases of the end product to ensure that specified requirements have been achieved.
- Work and lead on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Peer review BA deliverables ensuring they meet the required high standard.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Expert business analysis skills developed through working on a variety of projects of varying complexity and size
- Pro-active nature, experience in leading the resolution of issues as they occur as well as effectively flagging risks in a timely manner
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills that are tailored to the individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of the business up to Direct/ C Level leaders
- Proficient in the use of Atlassian Suite tools, specifically Confluence and Jira
- Able to tailor the analysis approach and toolkit to suit type of project
- Experience in managing conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity
- Experience in working in Agile, Waterfall and hybrid delivery methodologies to produce detailed and unambiguous requirement & analysis artefacts such as BRD’s, Epics and User Stories
- Understanding of end to end project and software development lifecycles along with their associated processes
- Have prior experience of producing use case diagrams & descriptions
- Good at building rapport with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong facilitator of elicitation and process workshops
- Prepared to take a "hands on" approach and work closely with users to understand their issues and requirements
- Experience in working with on and offshore software engineering & test teams
- Experience in process modelling using BPMN v2.0 or equivalent standards
- Able to work with little supervision and pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly
- Previous line management experience
- Experience in estimating resourcing asks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job