Lead Big Data Engineer
€60-65.000 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the coolest names in the European tech scene. The organisation has doubled in size over the past year and is currently building one of the most talented analytics teams in the industry, so if you're passionate about new ways to change the way we move then this is the perfect role for you.
As a result of their huge success, the company is now looking to expand their Data and BI teams and are in need for an experienced Big Data Engineer to join a team of talented engineers in their Barcelona headquarters.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will be:
- Automatise and monitor all systems while ensuring optimum data quality.
- You'll help to tackle a variety of use cases by developing a complex BigData platform (predominantly using Python & Google Cloud Platform / BigQuery) and help to accelerate data through the design and implementation of highly scalable data pipelines & ETL
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid experience With NoSQL databases
- Strong software developer skills.
- Must be a fluent English speaker, being able to present ideas and communicate to a business level.
- Solid management and leadership skills, with great time management and business mindset.
- Commercial experience with api-Based architectures and technologies such as: Google Big query, Hadoop, Amazon Aurora, Spark, Dynamo DB, Riak or Kinesis.
- Hands on experience (a lot!) with object oriented languages such as: Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with deployment/automation tools.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please click the "apply here" link on this web page. Do not hesitate to get in touch with Marie at Harnham to learn more about this position.
Please be aware that we can only accept applications from candidates with valid right to work in the EU as no sponsorship can be provided.
- Fantastic company culture and benefits package
- Great training and career development opportunities
- Relocation package
Big Data, Big Data Engineer, Python, SQL, AWS, Spark, Google Big Query, Redis, Mongo DB, Gaming, Hadoop, Big Data architectures, Docker, Git, Hive, Kafka.